When you get a home backup generator, you will enjoy these four main benefits and more:
- Continuous power: The most obvious benefit of a home backup generator is its ability to give your household continuous, uninterrupted power during a power outage. While the rest of the neighborhood is frustrated with a blackout, you and your family can stay comfortable in your home. For people with dialysis machines and other in-home medical equipment, it might be important for their health to ensure they have continuous power thanks to a backup generator.
- Preserved food: How many times has the power went out for hours and some of the food in your home has spoiled? Multiday power outages can even cause the food in your freezer to go bad. Avoid wasting money on replacing spoiled food by getting a generator for your entire home.
- Crime deterrent: When a widespread blackout is expected to last for hours or days, some unsavory individuals will jump at the chance to commit burglaries under the cover of darkness and without fear of security systems. They won’t get far on your property, though, if a backup generator keeps the lights on.
Water damage protection: If your property has a sump pump to remove excess water during heavy rain, then a lengthy power outage can cause the property to flood and water to soak into the foundation. If you have a home backup generator, though, then it will keep running during power outages, keeping the sump pump running, and preventing the problematic buildup of water.
We make installing a backup generator for your Ocala home simple. Our expert electricians know their way around all sorts of electrical systems and property layouts, so we can quickly get to work you’re your home backup generator installation job. From connecting the fuel line, installing a transfer switch, and ensuring all connections are made safely and correctly, generator installation is a complicated task, but we can often complete it in just one day. If the job might take longer than that for any reason, then we will let you know. Honesty and transparency are two key principles of our home services company.
Whole home generators can be affected by normal wear and tear, such as:
- Clogged fuel injectors or exhaust ports
- Dirt buildup on the fuel system
- Dead or nearly dead batteries
- Low oil levels
- Frayed or damaged belts
- Unclean connectors
Few things will be as frustrating as trying to turn on your home backup generator, only to find that it doesn’t work or can’t run at full capacity. You can help make sure that never happens by getting your generator regularly maintained by our specialists. For most generators, we recommend at least two inspections and maintenance per year: one before and one after the normal hurricane season, which ranges from June through November.
Ideally, you will not need to use your generator often, so it can be difficult to notice when it is damaged. However, there are some telltale signs that your home backup generator should be repaired or at least inspected by one of our electricians.
A whole home generator might need repairs if it:
- Sputters or chokes when starting
- Provides a lesser power flow than expected
- Has visible signs of damage like frayed or bare wires
- Has a fuel leak
- Cannot hold a strong charge in its battery
For non-urgent home generator work, you can use an online contact form if preferred.
There is never a bad time to get a home backup generator service in Ocala thanks to our flexible scheduling options that make all types of electrical work convenient. We also offer 24-hour emergency services if a generator repair cannot wait until the morning. Whenever you need our electricians, please call (352) 329-3740, and we will be there as soon as we can.