Not every EV charger is the same. The make and model of your electric vehicle will change what EV charger you will want in your garage or elsewhere on your property. There are also different types of chargers based on your home’s electrical system, how quickly you want the vehicle to recharge, and so on.
EV chargers typically come in three different types:
- Level 1: A level 1 charger is considered the industry standard and will work with most household electrical systems. The charging speed is relatively slow, so the vehicle should be charged overnight.
- Level 2: A level 2 charger is a step up from level 1 in that it can noticeably decrease the overall charge time. However, additional electrical work might be required to make sure that your home’s electrical system can work with it.
- Level 3: A level 3 charger is even faster than a level 2 charger, but it commonly is only available in a commercial or industrial setting. Household electrical systems typically cannot provide the right amount of power. We will let you know if you should aim for a level 1 or 2 instead, or if a level 3 is actually an option.
We would be happy to sit down with you and figure out what EV charger is right for you. Picking out a new EV charger to install or upgrade has never been easier.
Our Ocala EV charger technicians are great at installing new EV chargers wherever our customers want them. But we are also well-known for our electrical system maintenance and repair services. If your EV charger is acting up, call (352) 329-3740 to get us on the job right away.
Your EV charger might require maintenance if it:
- Charges slower than normal.
- Does not charge at all.
- Does not respond when your vehicle is plugged in.
- Has a warning light or error message.
- Has signs of physical damage or defects.
- Feels hot to the touch or smells like burnt plastic.
Our EV charger maintenance specialists can find the best option if your EV charger is acting up. Maintenance or repairs are not always the most cost-effective option. If it would save you money to install a new or upgraded EV charger, rather than trying to repair a broken one, then we will let you know.
You shouldn’t have to wait weeks and weeks just to get an EV charger installed or maintained. With Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning in Ocala, you don’t have to. We are proud of our flexible scheduling options, including 24/7 emergency services. Be sure to tell us about any other home services you might need while we are out there working on your EV charger, too!