Benefits of Furnace Replacement
You may be tempted to reserve your old furnace for as long as you can. But even the finest HVAC contractor can only do so much through furnace maintenance and repairs. The last thing you want to attend to is a broken furnace in the middle of winter.
Thanks to improvements in technology, there are many positives from selecting furnace replacement instead. Here are just three of them:
- Increased energy efficiency. Most new furnaces offer a vastly higher efficiency rating compared to older models. You’ll have to identify the annual furnace utilization efficiency rating, or AFUE. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the furnace is at converting energy into heat. A higher AFUE furnace can even help decrease your utility bills without sacrificing comfort. The most efficient furnaces are ENERGY STAR certified, which means they meet or exceed strict federal standards for energy efficiency.
- Quiet, steady performance. An ear-splitting, clattering furnace is a burden of the past. We deliver furnaces that have variable-speed blowers, a feature that changes how much heat your furnace creates and distributes. Variable speed can help you use reduced energy while intensifying your house’s comfort level.
- More direct control. With the possibility to join a smart thermostat with your new furnace, you’ll experience added features and settings that create home comfort fast and simple. Eco-friendly programming, for example, will help you balance comfort with smaller energy waste.
For further benefits, ask one of our team members about the Complete Comfort Club. This program includes annual checkups for your furnace and air conditioning units, as well as priority service and special deals.
Should I Repair or Replace My Furnace?
You don’t have to be an HVAC technician to know when buying an updated furnace is smarter than mending your old one. There are several signs to look for and identifying any of them early could protect you from brutal malfunctions. It can also make the shift to a new furnace much smoother. Be on the lookout for any of the following:
- Your furnace’s age. Even with regular servicing, many home furnace systems don’t last past 20 years. So just in case, it’s a smart idea to consider replacing your furnace anytime after it exceeds the 15-year mark.
- The recurrence and cost of repairs. With good upkeep, you shouldn’t need furnace repair a lot. As your furnace gets older, you may notice you’re scheduling maintenance calls more frequently. We recommend updating your furnace when repairs are greater than half the price of a new system.
- You’re getting a new air conditioner. If you’re upgrading your air conditioner, installing a new furnace can elevate its efficiency.
What Should I Want in a New Furnace?
The quantity of options may feel a little overwhelming at the start. But we’re very happy to assist you with identifying what brand or type of furnace will be most appropriate for your needs and budget. Chat with one of our professionals for any information you ask for. For now, take a minute to go over a few critical contrasts with furnace models.
- Type of furnace. Depending on the model, furnaces can use an alternate fuel source to produce heat. There are electric furnaces, which are popular in hotter climates. Gas furnaces are energy efficient to operate. And oil furnaces are an alternative when natural gas isn’t readily accessible. Our experts will be happy to help you determine what’s best for your household.
- The best features and choices. We’ll help you in deciding the furnace that’s the best size for your home. Beyond that, there are many options for you to choose from, including variable-speed heating and smart thermostat compatibility. Our experts will also discuss the features with you to assist you with making the right choice.
Lastly, you should always look for a honest company like Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning for quick, dependable installation. We can help make any step of the transition smooth and easy to understand. You’ll spend less time concerned about identifying the best choice. And with our financing and routine maintenance deals, you’ll enjoy that peace of mind for years to come.
Heat and cool your home the best way with the expert HVAC pros at Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning. If you’d like to schedule an appointment or consultation, give us a call at 352-236-0400 or contact us online today to get started.
*Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.