Once you’ve identified that there’s an issue, the next step is to narrow down potential causes. Unfortunately, there are several reasons why your heat pump is not working properly. At Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning, our pros specialize in finding the root of the problem fast to save you time and money.
Here are several reasons why your heat pump isn’t running properly.
- There’s a problem with the thermostat. Your thermostat is the brain of your HVAC system, guiding your heat pump to adjust your home to the preferred temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. You can confirm the thermostat settings are right, and check or replace the batteries. If these checks don’t solve it, call Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning at (352) 329-3740 for assistance.
- An important component has broken or failed. Like a vehicle’s engine, there are several electrical and moving parts in your home’s engine. If a piece breaks down or fails, your heat pump could struggle to work appropriately or even at all. And just like a car, ongoing heat pump tune-ups can help prevent a failure by catching minor issues before they become larger problems.
- Lack of appropriate maintenance. To keep your heat pump in top condition and the warranty valid, you should have heat pump maintenance performed each year. At your maintenance appointment, Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning will assess, lubricate and clean the components. A smoothly running heat pump could mean reduced energy bills and might even increase your heat pump’s overall life span. We have a Complete Comfort Club that keeps up with regular maintenance service. You’ll receive annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling system, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is dirty or clogged. Similar to any other type of HVAC system, your heat pump uses an air filter to stop dust and other pollutants from entering the internal parts of the system and flowing into your indoor air. If you don’t change the filter regularly it can easily get clogged. A dirty air filter causes the heat pump to work harder to deliver the same amount of heating or cooling, which can increase your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But as they get older, the more prone they are to having to need repairs. If yours is older, it may be time to consider purchasing a new one.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Repair Right Away With Patrick’s Heating & Air Conditioning
Patrick's Heating & Air Conditioning stands apart from other HVAC companies because we start our process with a free estimate on select HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Services and Replacements and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* You can rely on us to provide prompt, friendly service when hands-on expertise is necessary.
*Applies to Half-Horse-Power Units Offers cannot be combined with any other offers or comfort club member discounts. Must mention coupon when scheduling and present at time of service. Repairs not included; additional terms and conditions may apply, call for details. Valid from Jan 1, 2023 - Mar 31, 2023